Tips & Results 22nd May 2021
Doomben Track Good , Rosehill Track Soft5 (upgrade likely) , Flemington Track Good
- h10 Prince Of Arragon 2. h4 Cellarmaid 3. h5 Joymaker 4. h7 Windermere
Prince Of Arragon 1st $2.70/$1.40, Windermere 3rd/$2.50
- h2 Cloak 2. h6 Guntantes 3. h4 Right Or Wrong 4. h13 Purroni
Cloak 1st $11.40/$3.40, Right Or Wrong 4th($3.70)
- h5 Socialist 2. h1 Stellar Magic 3. h2 Rhapsody Rose 4. h8 Morioka
Rhapsody Rose 1st $7.30/$2, Morioka 3rd/$2.40
- h5 Rocketing By 2. h4 Lord Olympus 3. h1 Wisdom Of Water 4. h14 Kisukano
BR5 EARLY QUADDIE
- h1 Paradee 2. h10 Le Gai Soliel 3. h9 Gem Of Scotland 4. h4 Nudge
Nudge 1st $7/$2.30, Paradee 3rd/$1.80, Gem Of Scotland 4th($14);
EARLY QUADDIE; 2/2/14/4 DIVI; $3,279.50
- h6 Sugar Boom 2. h10 Niedorp 3. h4 King Of Hastings 3. h2 California Zimbol, h14 The Astrologist
- h1 Sir Dragonet 2. h2 Mugatoo 3. h5 Zaaki 4. h7 Shared Ambition
Zaaki 1st $2.20/$1.40
- h8 Groundswell 2. h14 Garibaldi 3. h4 Ranier 4. h2 Tofane, h5 Sircconi
Tofane 2nd/$3.90, Garibaldi 4th($3)
- h6 Good Soize 2. h3 Grace And Harmony 3. h2 Bargain 4. h5 See Marie, h12 Atonement
- h3 To The Nines 2. h10 Denace 3. h7 Patino Ruby 4. h6 Katgully Red
Patino Ruby(0.8L) 2nd/$2.80
- h4 Blow Dart 2. h7 Overmann 3. h2 Aslav 4. h12 Fumiko
Overmann 1st $2.30/$1.30
- h2 Mensa Missile 2. h7 Tectonicus 3. h4 Wairere Falls 4. h8 Saint Of Katowice
Mensa Missile 2nd/$1.90, Wairere Falls 3rd/$3.40
- h3 Snowfire 2. h6 Blondeau 3. h4 Smart Image 4. h7 Chaterrera
- h10 Sahra 2. h5 Cafe Royal 3. h6 Exotic Ruby 4. h9 Redoubt’s Image
Exotic Ruby 4th($6.50)
- h2 Maranoa 2. h9 Green Flash 3. h15 Outlook 4. h5 Le Vizir
Maranoa(0.5L) 2nd/$1.80, Le Vizir 4th($12)
- h13 Knight’s Order 2. h1 Wu Gok 3. h12 High Opinion 4. h3 Grey Lion, h14 Parry Sound
Parry Sound(0.4L) 2nd/$2.10
- h14 Archanna 2. h11 Ellsberg 3. h8 Kirwan’s Lane 4. h4 Gone Bye
Kirwan’s Lane 1st $8.40/$1.70, Ellsberg 2nd/$1.40; Quinella/$7.80; Exacta/$26
- h1 Approach Discreet 2. h6 Tooradin 3. h14 So Wicked 4. h7 Saigon
Approach Discreet 3rd/$2.80; TOORADIN L.SCR.
- h6 Sweet Sixteen 2. h9 Ethekwini 3. h2 Snickerdoodledandy 4. h8 Canadian Gold
Snickerdoodledandy 2nd/$2.20, Sweet Sixteen 3rd/$1.70
- h2 Holbien 2. h3 Mongolian Marshall 3. h7 Surreal Image 4. h8 France’s Boy
Mongolian Marshall 1st $16/$3.60, France’s Boy 3rd/$6, Surreal Image 4th($7.50)
- h1 Blushing Tycoon 2. h2 Lina’s Legend 3. h4 Murrami Express 4. h12 Fashion Avenue
Blushing Tycoon 1st $7.70/$3, Lina’s Legend 3rd/$1.50, Murrami Express 4th($15)
- h6 Converging 2. h2 Heart Of Puissance 3. h3 Wycliff 4. h1 Fanciful Toff
Heart Of Puissance 1st $2.10/$1.20
MR5 EARLY QUADDIE
- h16 Modear 2. h2 Express Pass 3. h5 Deep Dive 4. h4 Whipcracker Way
Modear 1st $8.50/$2.60, Express Pass 3rd/$2.70;
EARLY QUADDIE; 3/1/2/16; DIVI; $1,812.20
- h8 Dickin Medal 2. h6 Thudson 3. h7 All Of Brighton 4. h3 River Twain
All Of Brighton 1st $4.60/$1.70, Thudson 3rd/$2.50
- h3 Our Lone Star 2. h7 Redwood Shadow 3. h5 Reuber 4. h1 Real Sensation, h4 Horrifying
Horrifying 1st $4.60/$1.90, Reuber 2nd/$3.40, Our Lone Star 4th($8.50); Quinella/$25.60/$50.40
- h6 Pandemic 2. h7 Streetcar Stranger 3. h10 Ride The Wave 4. h3 Halvorsen
- h8 Don’t Doubt Dory 2. h12 Zachaz 3. h17 Royal Crown 4.h4 Somerset Maugham, h18 Blue Ocean
Don’t Doubt Dory 1st $8.50/$2.90, Zachaz 4th($3)
BR2 H2 CLOAK($8); this galloper is ultra consistent and is in very well here on 56kgs. You know he is going to roll forward and it would be ideal if he took it up. This is a strong class 6 but he ticks a lot of boxes here. If he can get a break on them turning they will struggle to run him down.
CLOAK($11.50); FIRST GIDDYUP!!! wide early to get on the outside of the leader then travelled well until the straight then took over, they couldn’t run him down.
BR8 H8 GROUNDSWELL($8); big win last start in Listed grade and we think 55kgs is a little light for a horse of his ilk. Perfect draw in 1 as he loves to ping and get going, the distance is spot on for him. Handles all conditions super hard to hold out.
GROUNDSWELL($7.50); 13th beaten 10.2L, great run on the inside behind the leaders then did nothing in the straight. Pulled up with the thumps.
MR8 H6 PANDEMIC($4.20); this horse has talent but it is hard to catch him. Today might just be that day as his last start was pretty good although beaten 3L by Savatoxl (Goodwood winner) and had no luck previous 2 starts. Ollie back on just might drag the best out of him down the straight.
PANDEMIC($3.30); 10th beaten 3.9L, loomed at the distance but didn’t go on with it average run.
MR9 H8 DON’T DOUBT DORY($6); nice weight drop here with 53.5kgs and the distance should be perfect at 3rd run in. We envisage him to be a smidge closer in the run from his good draw (4). His young rider Carleen Hefel knows him extremely well big chance .
DON’T DOUBT DORY($8.50) FIRST beaut ride in 4th place until well into the straight then took over, got a break on them and proved to strong in the run home. Great result.
SR9 H1 APPROACH DISCREET($5.50); now this galloper is in very well here considering he has won at this level and dropping back in class. He likes to get back and be winding up as they swing, handles all conditions especially soft. We think his young apprentice can get the job done here.
APPROACH DISCREET($8); 3rd/$2.80 place beaten 1.6L; always well back hung up for a little while in the run home tried to follow eventual winner but took a while to get going will win again soon.
SUMMARY; It’s that time of year again for horses that haven’t won for long periods to salute. There has been a few over the last 2 weeks, just beware of these gallopers as the majority will return back to their non winning habits at their very next start. We have written about this a few times over the last 5 years and it rings true every time. How many times over the years have you heard a tipster say” It’s worth having something on at the price to find out” really!!! you either think the horse has a chance or it doesn’t regardless of price. The Brisbane Winter carnival is in full swing with big fields and lots of quality chances. Group 1 Doomben Cup w.f.a. is a cracker and we think Sir Dragonet($4.60) will salute here he is a class act over this distance at W.F.A. Bossy will have the Cox Plate winner stalking the pace into the straight and we all know how he can explode at the distance. Mugatoo is a quality horse and will be just off the pace as well, Zaaki a good winner last start but the distance is a slight query here. Shared Ambition probably leads here he will run well, but the Cox Plate winner for us. The Roses race 9 and Good Soize($9.50) might just upstage Grace And Harmony($4.20). Good Soize likes to drift back in her races and the 2000m might just be her forte being by Adelaide. Grace And Harmony has a wide gate and as she likes to roll forward that could just be her nemesis. Outside of these Bargain, Atonement and See Marie could round out the first 4. The other race we will look at is the Lord Mayors Cup at Rosehill. Knights Order($18) does nothing first up but pings second up, the 2000m is his bag and also likes to be on the speed. Wu Gok($8.50) is in great form and hard to beat again. For third take your pick maybe High Opinion, Grey Lion or Parry Sound. Knights Order for us with 53.5kegs. The last couple of weeks has thrown up some crazy results but that’s racing and we have shared in some of those. Our Best has had a 2 week hiatus but we expect to bounce back tomorrow. We are pumped at the moment as our site is getting an exciting overhaul and should be ready in 5 or 6 weeks. To see all our results and horses 2 follow go to our web site www.horsebucks.com.au to check them out and follow us on Facebook, subscribing won’t be available until our new site is completed. Everyone having a punt today ‘GOOD LUCK” and remember ” ALWAYS ENJOY YOUR RACING” cheers from Kerry & Dan